- Passport, in original, with a minimum validity of six months as on the date of submission of application for a visa. The passport should have at least two blank pages. Copy of the passport (first four pages and endorsement of extension of validity if any) should be attached. All old passports must be submitted with the application form.
- One recent (not less than 3 months old) passport-size color photograph depicting full face;
- Proof of Residence: A copy of National ID Card and Utility Bill such as electricity, telephone, gas or water bill (not less than 6-month-old)
- Proof of Profession: Certificate from the employer. In the case of students, a copy of Identity cards from the educational institution is to be attached.
- Proof of Financial soundness: Endorsement of foreign currency equivalent to US$150/- per applicant and/or copy of international credit card and/or updated bank statement, as the case may be, showing sufficient balance to finance travel.”
- Online Visa Application form which has both BGD Registration No. and date of appointment with time
- Applicants would be required to scan and upload their photographs in the designated space provided in the online application form.
- Applicants must make sure that their date of birth & place of birth in the current passport matches with the one in the old passport, NID card and / or birth certificate.
- All old passport must be submitted on the date of appointment, without all old passport application will be treat as incomplete.
- Bangladeshi passport holder all categories of Indian visas, except Tourist (T) visas, are accepted on a walk-in basis without an online appointment date / E-token.
Medical Visa specific requirements
Remarks: Persons visiting India to get medical treatment.
Documents required : General documents and (i) Medical certificate, in original, from recognized hospitals/ doctors indicating in detail the medical condition of the patient; (ii) Recommendation from the attending doctor for availing treatment abroad in case of first visit; (iii) recommendation from the attending doctor in India in case of continued treatment in India; (iv) In case of hospitalization or long term treatment, proof of financial resources, as indicated below, may be sought: (a) Bank statements for last 6 months. (b) Solvency certificate from Bank.
Please click on the link http://indianvisa-bangladesh.nic.in/visa/ to fill up the visa application form.
1. Digital photograph and one colored photograph (both photos should be the same and less than three months old) should be pasted (Not pinned or stapled) at the top right corner of the visa application.
2. Please fill in all mandatory columns carefully. Incorrect information shall lead to outright rejection of visa application.
3. Kindly note the web file number for future references.
4. Please sign at the box on the top right corner of the visa application as well as on the last page of the visa application.
5. YOUR IP ADDRESS WILL BE LOGGED. PLEASE DO NOT MAKE FICTITIOUS ENTRIES.
(a) Column marked * is mandatory.
(b) Column-A-Personal Particulars: Name, Surname and other details should be the same as mentioned in the Passport.
(c) Column-B:-Passport Details: Passport No., Place of Issue, Date of Issue and Date of Expiry should be the same as mentioned in your existing valid passport.
(d) Column-C-Applicant’s Contact Details: The present address should be the same as mentioned in your utility bills and also provide a correct email address and mobile numbers.
(e) Column-D-Family Details: Should not be left blank. Filling in the column on the previous nationality is mandatory.
(f) Column-E-Details of Visa Sought: Mandatory.
(g) Column-F-Previous Visit: Should not be left blank (details of previous visa number and date of issue should be mentioned).
(h) Column-I-Details of Two Reference: Please provide genuine contact details.
With effect from 1 February 2017, the scheme for walk-in Tourist visas for Bangladesh travelers with confirmed journey tickets (air/bus/rail) to India is being extended to the remaining 8 Indian Visa Application Centers (IVACs) in Bangladesh. All Bangladesh travelers who have confirmed journey tickets can avail of this facility of walk-in Tourist visa without appointment dates at IVACs in Rajshahi, Rangpur, Sylhet, Chittagong, Khulna, Jessore, Mymensingh, and Barisal. Applicants in Dhaka with confirmed journey tickets may continue to submit their Tourist visa applications on a walk-in basis at IVAC Mirpur.
2. Bangladesh travelers wishing to avail of a walk-in Tourist visa should have a confirmed air, train or bus ticket (issued by authorized operators) to India. The date of the journey should be within one month of the date of submission of the visa application at IVAC. Further details are available at http://www.ivacbd.com/important_notices.php
3. This initiative is part of the ongoing efforts to streamline, liberalize and ease the process of securing Indian visas. The walk-in Tourist visa scheme was launched first in October 2016 for women travelers and their family members and thereafter extended to all Bangladesh travelers from 1 January 2017. The scheme has eased access to Indian visas for Bangladesh nationals. No Bangladesh national with a confirmed ticket to India (by air, bus or train) requires an e-token/online appointment date to apply for a Tourist visa. This measure is aimed at strengthening people-to-people contacts between India and Bangladesh.
Security Notice for Applicants visiting All Indian Visa Application Centers
As per the security requirement, the following items will not be permitted or stored inside the Visa Application Centers.
- All battery-operated or electronic gadgets such as mobile phones, cameras, audio/video cassettes, compact discs, MP3’s, floppies, laptops, or portable music players.
- All bags such as travel bags, backpacks, briefcases, suitcases, leather/jute/ cloth bags, and zip folders. Only a plastic bag containing your application related papers would be permitted.
- Sealed envelopes or packages.
- Any inflammable item such as matchboxes/ lighters/ fuel etc.
- Any sharp objects such as scissors, pen knives or nail filers.
- Weapon or weapon-like objects or explosive material of any kind.
The list provided above is not finite. Other items may be prohibited based on the security staff’s discretion. The security staff is authorized to check the applicant’s bags at any time during the visa application process.
Due to security concerns, we do not permit interested parties such as friends, relatives or business contacts to accompany visa applicants. However, interpreters are allowed to accompany hearing-impaired applicants at the Visa Application Centre. Physically challenged applicants will be accompanied by our staff.
Please Note: There is no facility to store the above-prohibited items at the Visa Application Centre. Applicants are requested to make alternate arrangements to keep the same before entry into the center.